Welcome to our group.
We arrange group digs across the southwest every weekend of the year, we welcome everyone old or new.
At the moment the vast majority of our digs are held in Devon or Cornwall, We are hoping to expand steadily into Dorset in good time.
All you need to attend a group dig arranged by us is public liability insurance from either FID or NCMD. You’ll find a link to the NCMD at the bottom of this page.
We also donate alot of money to charity from our dig entrance fees throughout the year. Since July 2017 we have donated nearly £2000.
Welcome to Devon, Cornwall & Dorset Detectorists. A group for all that love detecting.
When searching for land for our rallys we do our best to put you as close to as much history as we can legally in the hope you find summit, thats all we can do. But as everyone knows it’s a game of luck, You may or may not find anything. It’s more about being out in the stunning countryside searching, hoping and meeting great people.
Admin and group moderators other then myself have my full permission to remove and ban people who they feel are being negative towards us, our digs or the group & and I will stand by and support there actions 100%.
- No swearing
- No bullying
- No posting items for sale that are not detecting related
- No advertising rallys/digs from other groups unless otherwise authorised by a member of admin
- No spamming. Please bump old posts
- We will not tolerate any negativity towards us, our group or it’s members, there will be no 2nd chances you will be gone
ANYONE BRAKING THE ABOVE RULES WILL BE BANNED FROM THE GROUP.
- All attending must have public liability insurance from either NCMD or FID. You will be asked to produce this at the gate. If possible please also email a copy to Admin@dcdd.co.uk NO INSURANCE NO DIG!
- Parking only where you are told
- All litter to be taken home with you
- No gate climbing or hedge hopping, use gates properly and make sure there closed behind you
- All holes must be filled as best as possible and rubbish removed from them (we are watching!)
- No approaching the land owner or farmer on the day unless approved by a member of admin
- All finds that may be considered treasure need to be reported to a member of admin ASAP so the FLO can be informed.
- Anything with a value of over £500 must be split with the landowner
- Kids under 14 free if accompanied by a full paying adult
- Loyalty cards must be asked for or stamped at digs. They will not be back dated.
- If your names down as going for a dig and you dont contact me or remove your name if you cannot make it anymore, you will be banned permanently. Theres no reason why you cant inform us so excuses will be ignored.
ANYONE FOUND IGNORING THE ABOVE RULES WILL BE IMMEDIATELY REMOVED FROM THE FARM, BANNED FROM ANY FUTURE DIGS AND GROUP PERMANENTLY. NO EXCEPTIONS.
We’d love you to record any finds of interest with the local FLO (This is your job, not ours)
Data protection – We will not give your details (Detectorists or Farmers) to anyone else if requested unless it is about a item of treasure or is required by law, in any case you’ll always be contacted first before we do so.
OUR CONTACT DETAILS
PHONE – 07544267285
EMAIL – firstname.lastname@example.org
In a medical emergency call 07544267285 or speak a member of admin for assistance..
Admin members –
Owner – Pete penfold
Admin – Andy Britten
Marshall – Ivan Jeffery
Marshal – Daren Bender
Media – Lady Jane
Thanks for taking your time to read this.